Sunday, January 4, 2009

Spiders


[Hunstman spider photographed in Bob and Jenny's bathroom. This spider is defined as "low-risk, non-aggressive with a painful bite"]

I should state that I'm quite scared of spiders. I don't like the idea of spiders anywhere near me, particularly if they might scuttle over my body or lurk unseen while I'm sleeping. But I was fascinated by the spiders in Australia. It could be that so many of them are so toxic and deadly. It could be the enormous size and hairiness of so many of the spiders. I was a little horrified how large the above Huntsman spider was and how hairy. 

[Golden orb-weaving spider from brave Internet photographer]

In Bob and Jenny's front garden they showed me another enormous spider: the golden orb-weaving spider. True to its name, the silk of the web had a golden sheen in the sunlight. Luckily its bite is also non-toxic to humans though its size would make me avoid going anywhere near it. My pictures of it didn't turn out as a slight breeze made the web sway and I certainly didn't want to get too close or hold it! 

1 comment:

Crazy_dil said...

I AM Dileep.

I like your BLOG.
VISIT MY BLOG www.crazy-actors.blogspot.com